Aged Care to Home service
The Summer Foundation has partnered with Housing Hub to deliver a free specialist service.
We work directly with young people living in aged care, and their supporters, to achieve their housing and support goals.
Whether you want to move out of aged care or improve your quality of life while in aged care, we can support you to achieve your goals. The Aged Care to Home service supports the Federal Government’s target to ensure all younger people leave aged care by 2025 (apart from in exceptional circumstances).
There is no charge for the Aged Care to Home service, which is philanthropically funded.
You may want to explore the option of living outside aged care but this can feel overwhelming. This is where our expertise comes in. We specialise in supporting young people who are living in aged care and can support you to explore housing, funding and support options that are tailored to your needs and preferences.
We also understand that not all young people living in aged care want to move out and instead have goals around improving their quality of life while in aged care. If this is you, we can support you to explore the NDIS supports you may be eligible for, such as therapies, equipment, personal care and community participation supports. Our team can support you at any stage of the process as you move towards your housing goals.
How we can support you
We will guide you and your supporters through each step of your housing journey. Our Aged Care to Home specialists can:
- Support you to identify your housing goals and support needs and preferences
- Support you to explore housing options that align with your goals
- Coordinate and contribute to the evidence required by the NDIS in relation to home and living supports
- Provide resources to support your move out of aged care
- Provide information about NDIS supports you may be eligible for while living in aged care, to support quality of life
Eligibility for the service
To be eligible for the Aged Care to Home service you must:
- Be living in an aged care facility
- Be an NDIS participant
- Be under the age of 65
Enquire or refer today
If you are a young person living in aged care or supporter of a young person living in aged care contact us:
Phone: 0455 115 164