About the role
We are seeking someone who will put people with disability first, and will respect the housing preferences of those we support. The person will bring both the evidence for a home and living decision and the participant’s stories to life. This role will work towards quality outcomes and be accountable.
Housing Hub staff are experts in the field. Joining the team is a great opportunity to work with like minded, creative people, experienced in NDIS Housing Options.
The team at the Housing Hub enjoy a hybrid work environment – going into the office for some much needed team time and working from home when you need.
- Support clients to understand the housing related supports within their NDIS plan
- Maintain high level understanding of eligibility for NDIS Home and Living Supports
- (including SDA, ILO and SIL)
- Development of high quality documentation in relation to eligibility for funding of supports
- Adherence to database entry and requirements for recording information
- Maintaining current knowledge of legislation regarding the NDIS
- Understanding changes within the NDIS that relate to home and living supports
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with people with disability who have complex needs
- Exceptional writing skills
- An ability to work within a CRM database efficiently
- A valid driver’s licence and vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Previous experience working as a housing specialist, support coordinator or specialist support coordinator
- Qualification in social work, psychology, occupational therapy or mental health nursing
- Knowledge of the NDIS and legislation underpinning the NDIS
- Understanding of SDA, ILO and SIL
- Confidence to build relationships within the sector
We will be shortlisting immediately so please do not hesitate to apply ASAP if you think you may be a suitable applicant for this role.