Dates have been set for the first webinars accompanying the Welcome Home education package for SDA providers.
1. Understanding the SDA provider role (Wednesday 23 June)
In this webinar you will learn about the key responsibilities of an SDA provider; what you must do to comply with the SDA Practice Standards; and the principles and practices that will help you to deliver high quality SDA services.
- The ‘must’ and the ‘should’ of the SDA provider role
- Why an SDA provider is different from a mainstream landlord or traditional supported accommodation provider
- Why do I need to understand about disability?
2. Who should I work with? When should I work with them? (Wednesday 7 July)
In this webinar you will learn about the different roles that support SDA service delivery and how an SDA provider should work with these roles.
- Working with a tenant’s support network
- Working with support coordinators
- Working with other registered providers of support
3. Working with an SDA tenant (Thursday 15 July)
In this webinar you will learn what a rights-based approach to service delivery looks like to an SDA tenant. This webinar has been co-designed and will be co-presented by SDA tenants.
- Understanding the SDA tenant experience
- Supporting informed decision-making
- Effective communication
To learn more about the Welcome Home package and to enrol for the free, self-paced, online training modules, click here.