The Hospital to Home program will now be delivered by the Housing Hub. Since its establishment in 2017, the Housing Hub has expanded to offer a range of specialist support services for people with disability. It is well placed to continue delivering this exceptional service.
The team delivering the Hospital to Home service remains unchanged as does the eligibility criteria. Under the Housing Hub, the service will continue to be free.
Since 2020, the Hospital to Home service has supported more than 300 people who were stuck in hospital to discharge and achieve their home and living preferences. The service, which adopts a rights-based approach, is designed to:
- Search for housing options for NDIS participants in hospital to support discharge
- Prevent young people with disability being discharged to aged care
- Assist health teams and supporters to understand the types of housing available, and the eligibility and evidence requirements
To be eligible for the Hospital to Home service, a person must:
- Be an inpatient in an acute or sub-acute hospital setting
- Be an NDIS participant, or likely to be (Access Request Form submitted)
- Require support to find housing options in order to be discharged from hospital
To learn more about the Hospital to Home service, read about eligibility or make a referral visit the website.
If you have any questions or need assistance during this change, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team by emailing email@example.com or calling 1300 817 794.