My main business location is:
Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Regional Victoria, Greater Melbourne area
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Social work
- Specialist support coordination
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Psychosocial disability
More information about my experience:
Social worker / Director of Clarable with experience as an advocate in mental health carer NDIS support (access requests, reviews). Prior experience in project management / behaviour support in an Autism service, work within other peak organisations in the NDIS transition, and extensively within carer services.Lived experience forms a great part of the Clarable approach.
I have skills working with:
- Children and young people with disability
- People experiencing homelessness
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People in hospital
- People involved with the justice system
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
Master of Social Work, Member of Australian Association of Social Work, membership number 455538.
Graduate Certificate Business Administration (Executive)
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
Tania founded Clarable as a parent identifying gaps in services for individuals with both mental ill-health and Autism, and where these occur together. Each family situation is unique, and we aim to support families in difficult transitions. At Clarable, we are guided by NDIS participants and families toward the life they prefer and toward more meaningful and enriching experiences.
Tania has a personal experience of these themes, and of navigating complex systems to find good supports for a family member. Her approach to working with families is to ensure that their family experience together is prioritised, even if housing goals apart are an age-appropriate pathway to a good experience.
My professional values are:
Tania’s involvement in the disability community includes carer representation at a Victorian State government level. Tania’s perspective follows a social model of disability, looking at ways in which community assets and local places can be made more accessible to minimise social isolation. (place based approaches) She began working in the sector as a support worker with individuals with high physical support needs and now works mainly with ‘invisible disabilities’ including people with mental ill-health and their families. Tania enjoys the reflective conversations that lead to building a rich picture of what matters most, to each client and family.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am not a registered NDIS service provider.
Please note: Your NDIS plan must be self-managed or plan-managed to use this provider. This provider is not registered with the NDIS Commission.
38 636 344 431
1300 252 722
I currently have a waitlist