My main business location is:
Glen Waverley VIC 3150, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Recovery coaching
- Support coordination
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Blindness or vision impairment
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Deaf or hearing impairment
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Physical disability
- Psychosocial disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
- I have several years experience working in NDIS including 15+ years of lived experience with ASD and psychosocial disabilities.
- I have supported people with Hospital Discharge, Complex Behaviours of Concern, Child Protection, Housing, Aged Care/ YPIRAC, Multidisciplinary Care Teams, Psychosocial Disabilities and Justice involvement.
- I have supported clients with getting SDA and moving out of home into independent living.
- I have extensive experience in complex cases and enjoy working on my professional development so I am providing up to date knowledge to all of my participants.
- I enjoy working with clients to build their skills and capacity and provide choice and control so they can live their life to the fullest.
I have skills working with:
- Children and young people with disability
- People experiencing homelessness
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People in hospital
- People involved with the justice system
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
Certificate IV in Disability
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
I have been in the disability industry for 9 years with a large focus on ASD and mental health.
I now run the CareNeeds Support Coordination department and manage a lovely team of Support Coordinators.
I have my own family with disabilities which was what made me interested to get into the disability industry in the first place.
I like to provide individualised support and when I say that I am going to do something, I do.
Not only do I listen to my clients but I also work really hard to do the best job possible for them as this is what I would want someone to do for me.
My professional values are:
Being resiliant, nurturing, supportive, reliable, emowering and personable.
I try to advocate and stand up for people when they need it and let them but also aim to support them to lead their way then they are ready too.
I really value listening to what my clients want most of all and dont want to put my own opinions or ideas on them to sway their minds.
I strive for equality in the industry and to give a little bit of hope or support in the industry where I can.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am a registered NDIS service provider and my NDIS provider number is: 4-433J-1086
0400 248 036
I have availability now