My main business location is:
Maitland NSW, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Kurri Kurri, Cessnock
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Occupational therapy
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Cognitive impairment
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Physical disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
I have been working with people with different abilities for over a decade, in various capacities, both community, inpatient and rehab settings. I have worked for government departments, NGO’s and now work privately for myself.
My skills, expertise and scope of work include:
- Adults 18yrs+ only
- Clients with Neurological (including Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Parkinsons Disease) and genetic conditions.
- I feel my strengths lie more in the area of working with people with physical disabilities, as well as moderate to severe ID.
- Proficient in assessing and recommending complex Equipment or Assistive Technology such as wheelchairs, pressure care and daily living aids. I also have experience in minor home modifications and vehicle modifications.
- Completing functional capacity assessment and SDA reports for NDIA participants.
- NSW Location: Maitland/Kurri Kurri/Cessnock areas.
- I work part time, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays, hours are 9.00am to 3pm
I have skills working with:
- People in hospital
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
I am a registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA, & a member of OT Australia. I possess a Masters of Clinical Rehabilitation (Neurological Occupational Therapy), Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Rehabilitation, and Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy). I am also a member of the NSW organisation SPOT DD, ARATA & local Hunter OT Group. I am accredited to complete Functional Independence Measure (FIM) and MOCA cognitive assessment tools.
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
I am a down-to-earth, practical OT who is very passionate about working with people and putting them at the centre of their therapy interventions. I really enjoy getting to know my clients, and understanding what is important to them, and their significant others. I work well within a team, and enjoy upskilling my clients so they can be empowered in meeting their goals. I use an evidence-based practice approach, along with my over 14 years experience as an OT to work with clients to come up with solutions. I live in Maitland (regional area) NSW, and love being part of this big-country town community. I currently only work part time, as I have a young family.
My professional values are:
I’m very focussed on building collaborative partnerships, and strive to make systems work for my clients. I work for myself so I can ensure that I can live up to my own high standards of service provision, and I am entirely responsible for everything I do. I like the personal connection I have with my clients, and it is really important to me to build good rapport and collaborative relationships. I have a long history of working with people with different abilities, and across a variety of settings. I prefer to work in the community in people’s natural environments as this is more meaningful.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am not a registered NDIS service provider.
Please note: Your NDIS plan must be self-managed or plan-managed to use this provider. This provider is not registered with the NDIS Commission.
79 887 336 237
0466 469 062
I currently have a waitlist