My main business location is:
Geelong VIC, Australia
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Occupational therapy
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Physical disability
- Psychosocial disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
Since graduating from LaTrobe University in 2003 I have worked as an Occupational Therapist in the public health sector in Victoria, Queensland and the Northern Territory. My first 10 years of Occupational Therapy involved working in hospital and rehabilitation settings, primarily in the areas of trauma, neurological disability, aged care and intellectual disability. I commenced working with NDIS clients in Geelong in 2016 and am passionate about supporting participants of the scheme to achieve their goals through capacity building, securing necessary AT, home modifications or formal supports. The ongoing development of SDA, and other housing supports, has provided exciting opportunities for participants to pursue maximal independence and housing satisfaction. Our business has worked hard to navigate NDIS systems and complete comprehensive assessments and reports to support clients living with a range of disabilities to secure appropriate funding to achieve their housing goals.
I have skills working with:
- People experiencing homelessness
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People in hospital
- People involved with the justice system
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, LaTrobe University
- Master of Public Health, Griffith University
- AHPRA Registration OCC0001742512
- Member of Occupational Therapy Australia
- NDIS Registered Provider
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
I am an Occupational Therapist and co-director of Adapt OT, a private OT practice in Geelong, Victoria.
I grew up in regional Victoria, and have since lived and travelled throughout Australia, as well as the UK and Europe.
I settled in Geelong with my partner and young family in 2016 and we enjoy exploring this region.
My professional values are:
As an Occupational Therapist being client centred is at the core of our practice. I work hard to consider a client holistically, taking into account their physical, cultural, social and economic environments. I believe OT should be based around client goals and am passionate about working with clients to promote their overall health, wellbeing and independence. I believe persons living with disability have the right to lead a good everyday life and my role is to help them achieve and sustain this.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am a registered NDIS service provider and my NDIS provider number is: 4050000773
I have availability now