My main business location is:
Boronia VIC 3155, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Support coordination
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Physical disability
- Psychosocial disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
Teaching and Foster Care /out of Home Care system – 20 years (Anglicare)Disability Support – 11 years ( 9 years in Residential Care)Disability Employment – 3 years Support Coordination – 3 years Supported young people to access community housing, crisis housingMentored young people living in SRS accommodationSupport for adults to enlist for social housing Participants who aim for private rental Explored SDA entry for some, and exit from SDA into ILO for others, including a family member.
I have skills working with:
- Children and young people with disability
- People experiencing homelessness
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People in hospital
- People involved with the justice system
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
Diploma of Teaching
Cert IV in Disability
Diploma of Community Services
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
Down Syndrome Association member
Different Journeys association
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
Like a Labrador I just love people and get energy and ceaseless enjoyment from being around others.
I have always lived in the Eastern suburbs and have heaps of local knowledge. I have a family member on the NDIS which helped me prepare for Support Coordination. Thanks for that Ben!
I love Mornington Peninsula where my five brothers live, and the sea in any season.
My new Rescue dog is keeping me busy at this time, as is some simple re-decorating. I do love colour!
My professional values are:
I seek to understand a participant’s disability, see their ability, and explore innovative options with them, to achieve the best outcomes.
The participant’s voice is the most important thing.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am a registered NDIS service provider and my NDIS provider number is: #4050036215
ABN 35 625 740 329 ACN 625 740 329
(03) 5275 8627
Liberty Disability Services
I am currently not available for new bookings