My main business location is:
Bendigo VIC, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Loddon Mallee Region + Aus-wide
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Recovery coaching
- Specialist support coordination
- Support coordination
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Blindness or vision impairment
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Deaf Blindness
- Deaf or hearing impairment
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Physical disability
- Psychosocial disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
I was first introduced to the field working with children with disabilities with an after school care and school holiday program. I worked one on one with the child and supported them to be engaged with the other children attending these programs. I then worked for Scope Bendigo in residential support services, working in a high needs home for five genital man, providing assistance with daily needs, meal assistance, attending appointments and engaging in the community. For this I was promoted to work in another house with three ladies and became a team leader. In this role I ensured that all relevant paper work for the participants were up to date, assisted with rosters and payroll, ensure that all bills and rent were paid and maintenance of the property was completed. Two years ago I made the change from direct support work to Support Coordination. I am enjoying the challenges of this role and expanding on my knowledge of disability. I have supported two participants into housing in Bendigo from homelessness and in hospital.
I have skills working with:
- Children and young people with disability
- People experiencing homelessness
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People in hospital
- People involved with the justice system
- People living in or at risk of entering residential aged care
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People seeking specialist disability accommodation (SDA)
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
- Diploma of Community Services
- Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Services
- Valid Working with Children check
- Completed NDIS Screening
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
A little bit more about me:
I am a passionate person with an understanding of NDIS on a personal level. My husband has an NDIS plan and I understand the challenges that occur from the participants perspective as well as a Support Coordinator.
I am hard working and have the flexibility to work from home as well as in my team.
I have lived in the Bendigo area for over 25 years and have knowledge and network connections with providers in and around Bendigo.
My professional values are:
- Empathy: ability to empathise helps to connect with participants on a more personal level and provide the best possible care.
- Patience: People with disabilities are often unable to express themselves clearly and may become frustrated or lash out as a result of the pain or loss of control they are feeling.
- Adaptability: No two clients will ever be exactly the same, and a person’s needs may vary from day to day.
- Dependability: A dependable and responsible nature is important for helping clients develop a daily routine that works for them
- Practical: The ability to be practical and take these things in a stride is an important part of putting participants at ease and helping them retain a sense of dignity.
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am a registered NDIS service provider and my NDIS provider number is: 91320432
56 161 846 149
Melbourne City Mission
I have availability now