My main business location is:
Holmesville NSW 2286, Australia
I also work in these areas:
Do I offer services online?
Type of provider
- Recovery coaching
- Social work
- Specialist support coordination
- Support connection
- Support coordination
I have experience supporting people with:
- Acquired brain injury
- Cognitive impairment
- Complex communication needs
- Deaf or hearing impairment
- Health related disability
- Intellectual disability
- Neurological disability
- Psychosocial disability
- Spinal cord injury
More information about my experience:
I am a social worker and have a good understanding of the needs of people living with a disability.
I work closely with my business partner who is a psychologist. We have a combined 50+ years experience in care.
Although our practice has been one not requiring a lot of housing requests we have an intimate understanding of the types of disabilities that can be major barriers to suitable accommodation and the further issues that can occur when unsuitable options are considered. Housing needs and preferences of participants have been many and varied. Each individual’s need has been thoroughly researched specific to the individual. Some emergency accommodation; temporary accommodation; transitional housing; in addition to completion of applications for ROC and ILO.
I have skills working with:
- Children and young people with disability
- People experiencing homelessness
- People in crisis or emergency situations
- People involved with the justice system
- People seeking mainstream housing
- People who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who are LGBTIQ+
- People with ageing or seriously ill parents/family
- People with behaviours of concern
- People with complex communication needs
- People with high and complex health needs
- Support workers - including meeting their training needs
My formal qualifications and professional memberships include:
- Social work degree (Member of AASW) Case Management Diploma
I have attended the following UpSkill training workshop(s):
- The NDIS & Housing
A little bit more about me:
My business partner and I come from an NGO background where we worked together for a decade with people living with HIV and the associated brain injury that can develop from this condition. We noted that there were gaps in the provision of care to this cohort and chose to establish a service given our combined qualifications.
We have been working full time for the last 3 years providing Specialist Coordination of Support; Coordination of Support and Support connection.
We like to think that we hold a unique view of the barriers that can arise for people with acquired brain injury as well as people with other disabilities that may require ‘thinking outside the box’.
My professional values are:
- Choice and Control
Registered NDIS service provider:
I am a registered NDIS service provider and my NDIS provider number is: 4050060866
364 024 71145
Professional Care Supports
I have availability now