It is support coordinators, working with expert allied health professionals, who assist young people to explore their housing options and find alternatives to aged care.
The Summer Foundation’s UpSkill Community of Practice (CoP) for support coordinators and NDIS allied health professionals provides a platform to showcase best practice for working with people with high and complex support needs.
- NDIS support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
- Development of a peer network
- Timely access to information from the Summer Foundation and your peers
- Mutual engagement to share learnings and generate new knowledge
- Curation of best practice approaches to resolve the issue of younger people being forced into aged care
- Identify best practice in support coordination and allied health, which improves participant outcomes
- Document improvements in participant outcomes
- Serve as an advocacy tool for positive systemic change
- Inspire each other to think innovatively, share ideas and practices
- Engage and contribute via our Slack community to share ideas and real-time solutions to current barriers and challenges
- Contribute to developing evidence of best practice discharge
- Deepen your practice and skills base through coaching others regarding their challenges
- Attentive listening
- Appreciation and no put downs
- Mutual respect
- The right to pass
How to join
To join the Community of Practice, you should have completed an UpSkill training session. You can join by filling out the form below and we will send you an invitation. If you haven’t completed UpSkill training, you can register your interest here.
The Summer Foundation also facilitates a separate ‘Leaving Hospital Well’ Community of Practice for health professionals including allied health clinicians, nurses and NDIS leads working in the hospital discharge space. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.