My home needs some changes

Follow the steps below and click on the buttons to download the information that will help you with each step.


1. Get an NDIS plan or change your plan

An allied health worker (e.g. a social worker or OT) can help you get an NDIS plan. If you have an NDIS plan, it may need changes. Your support coordinator can help you. You can ask for a face-to-face meeting with an NDIA planner. They will write down your needs and your goals.

How to get an NDIS plan

What do NDIS plans look like?

How to change your NDIS plan

How to get ready for the NDIS planning meeting


2. Work out your housing and support needs

Work out what you need to stay at home. For example, your bedroom or bathroom might need changes. You might need assistive technology to move around your home safely. Your support coordinator or an allied health worker (e.g. a social worker or OT) can help you to work out what you need. Your support coordinator will ask the NDIS to pay for changes to your home. You and your support coordinator can work out if the NDIS will help pay. They will help you choose people to work with you on your goals.

How the NDIS pays for housing

How can I use NDIS funding to buy my own home?


3. Finding a place to live while your home is being changed

Your support coordinator will help you find a short-term place to live. You can visit these places and decide if they are ok.

Types of short-term housing options available

Where to search for a short-term home