i have a younger resident who wants to improve their quality of life

Follow the steps below and click on the buttons to download the information that will help you with each step.


1. The younger person needs to get an NDIS plan or change their existing plan

A younger person will need your support to get an NDIS plan. If they have an NDIS plan, it may need changes. If the younger person has a support coordinator, they can help with this. It’s important that the younger person asks for a face-to-face meeting with an NDIA planner, and for support coordination to be included in their plan. The NDIA planner will document their needs and goals into their NDIS plan.

How to get an NDIS plan

What do NDIS plans look like?

How to change an NDIS plan

How to get ready for the NDIS planning meeting?

What is support coordination?


2. Ensure the younger person gets what they need in their NDIS plan

A younger person’s support coordinator can help them get what they need in their plan. This could be things like funding for means-tested aged care fees, equipment (e.g. pressure care bed or mattress), physiotherapy and OT to maximise the person’s ability to move independently, or speech pathology to assess their swallowing. The younger person could also seek funding to make a video to show their support workers how to support them.

What aged care fees does the NDIS fund?

How to make a training video for your support workers