Location: Online workshop - Zoom
Monday 15 August, 2022
9:30 am AEST - 12:30 pm AEST
Many people with disability and complex support needs are spending unnecessary time stuck in hospital despite being clinically ready to leave. The main barriers to a timely hospital discharge are NDIS planning issues and sourcing adequate housing and disability supports. This interface between hospital and NDIS is complex, requiring specialist knowledge and support to navigate.
This UpSkill workshop, brought to you by the Summer Foundation, is designed to help you navigate the interface between the NDIS and health, and develop strategies to address barriers to a timely discharge.
This is an interactive workshop hosted via Zoom, facilitated by UpSkill Lead Linda Hughes.
There will be practical exercises, opportunity for group discussion and questions and answers.
Learning objectives – after this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand and navigate the NDIS and health interface
- Identify key personnel and understand their responsibilities in both the NDIS and health system
- Identify and address barriers to timely discharge
- Implement the Summer Foundation’s Collaborative Discharge Approach (CDA) to assist a person with disability to leave hospital and live well in the community
- Lead a collaborative approach across service systems to support a safe discharge from hospital
Who is this for:
- Support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
- Professionals assisting people with complex support needs including hospital clinicians
BOOK YOUR SPOT BELOW: