Location: Online workshop - Zoom
Monday 26 September, 2022
10:00 am AEST - 12:30 pm AEST
Build your understanding of the evidence required for an application for specialist disability accommodation (SDA). This workshop is valuable if you’re working for people who may be SDA eligible, as you will need to provide the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) with supporting evidence that addresses the SDA eligibility criteria, set out in the SDA Rules (2020).
This workshop assumes you have good working knowledge of SDA including what it is, how it is separate to support, how it is different to mainstream housing, the SDA design categories and SDA building types. You can view the Housing Hub’s free SDA explainer video series and the free SDA process video series before the workshop to ensure you have the required knowledge to participate.
We will focus on the SDA Rules (2020), SDA eligibility and the evidence required for an SDA application.
This is an interactive workshop via Zoom, facilitated by UpSkill Lead Linda Hughes.
There will be practical exercises, opportunity for group discussion and questions and answers.
Learning objectives – after this workshop you will be able to:
- Apply the SDA Rules and eligibility criteria
- Identify the types of supporting evidence required to support SDA requests
- Work with other professionals to source and collect evidence for SDA
- Write a housing report addressing the SDA Rules
- Complete a Home and Living supporting evidence form for an SDA application
Who is this for:
- Support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
- Professionals assisting people with complex support needs
BOOK YOUR SPOT BELOW: