The Government has set a new target that will see no one under the age of 65 being admitted into Residential Aged Care (RAC) by 2022. This workshop will explain what this means for you, and how you can support young people living in aged care to access appropriate housing and supports through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Who this is for:
- NDIS support coordinators and NDIS allied health professionals
- RAC providers, including Nursing Unit Managers and lifestyle coordinators
Why you should attend:
Supporting young people living in RAC to benefit from the NDIS will help you:
- Understand the interface between the NDIS and aged care systems, so you can support a person with complex disability to negotiate these systems
- Support younger RAC residents to build their skills so they can make informed choices and reconnect with their community
- Understand how aged care providers and support coordinators can work together to assist younger people to explore their housing and support options
- Uphold the rights of younger people in RAC to live the life they want with their family and friends
- Understand recent NDIS policy changes to stop people under 65 entering RAC, and to support younger people in RAC to leave, if that is their choice
Facilitated by Linda Hughes; an NDIS nerd, SDA eligibility expert, support coordinator and Summer Foundation’s UpSkill Lead.
* Please note, as spaces are limited we ask that there is a maximum capacity of 3 people per organisations for our online workshops. If you would like more than three people to attend from one organisation, you can request to be put on a waitlist by emailing Alana Dobra at email@example.com
DATE: Wednesday 18 November
TIME: 9.30am – 1pm
COST: $95 (including GST)
LOCATION: This online workshop is for professionals working in New South Wales. You will receive an email prior to the workshop with information on how to access the workshop and some resources you will need to review prior to the training.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgBOOK NOW
We appreciate Gandel Philanthropy’s support of our UpSkill program.