The Summer Foundation, with support from Gandel Philanthropy, is running this UpSkill workshop to explain the Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) pathway. This workshop will build the capacity of NDIS support coordinators and allied health professionals to explore the housing options of the participants they’re working for, and to write quality housing plans.
Who is this for?
- Support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
Why should you attend?
It is anticipated that only 6 per cent of NDIS participants will be eligible for SDA. If you’ve been contracted by a participant who may be eligible for SDA and has funding to reach a housing related goal, it is vital that you provide NDIA decision makers with housing plans that address the SDA eligibility criteria.
- The evidence the NDIA needs to determine whether SDA is a reasonable and necessary support for an individual.
- Why addressing the SDA Rules drives innovation, and safeguards the housing needs and preferences of people with disability.
Workshop participants will understand:
- Current NDIA thinking and approaches to SDA funding
- Using our SDA Housing Plan Template and Guide
- The critical role OT’s play
This workshop will be facilitated by Penny Paul, the Summer Foundation’s Senior Policy and Research Officer and SDA eligibility expert.
Date: 12 February 2020
Time: 9am – 1pm
Address: 600 Epsom Road, Flemington, VIC 3031
Cost: $99 incl GST