This online UpSkill workshop is designed to build your understanding of the evidence required to ensure people with disability can exercise choice about where, and with whom they live, and have control over the way their supports are delivered.
This is an interactive workshop where you will gain an understanding of specialist disability accommodation (SDA) Rules, SDA eligibility and the evidence required for an SDA application. There will be practical exercises, group discussion and opportunity for Q&A.
Who this is for:
- NDIS support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
Why you should attend:
Around 6% of NDIS participants will be eligible for SDA. This workshop is highly valuable if you’re working for people who may be eligible, as you will need to provide the NDIA with evidence that addresses the SDA eligibility criteria. This is set out in the SDA Rules 2020 and is Reasonable and Necessary in the NDIS Act.
This webinar will help you understand:
- What SDA is, who might be eligible for SDA and how to untangle the SDA Rules 2020
- Evidence the NDIA require to determine if a participant is eligible for SDA funding
- The importance of addressing the SDA Rules 2020 to safeguard the housing needs and preferences of people with disability
- The importance of the separation of housing and supports in the NDIS
- The critical role of support coordinators and other allied health professionals in gathering evidence for SDA applications
Facilitated by Linda Hughes; an NDIS nerd, SDA eligibility expert, support coordinator and Summer Foundation’s UpSkill Lead.
DATE: Thursday 5 November
TIME: 1pm – 4.30pm (includes 30 minute break)
COST: $95 (including GST)
LOCATION: Online workshop for people working in Victoria
For more information please contact: email@example.comBOOK NOW
We appreciate Gandel Philanthropy’s support of our UpSkill program.