The Summer Foundation is facilitating this workshop to build the capacity of support coordinators to ensure that people with complex needs achieve good outcomes under the NDIS.
Who is this for?
- Support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
Why should you attend?
Building your skills to support people with complex needs will assist you to:
- Achieve good support and housing outcomes for your clients
- Engage in meaningful support coordination
- Build a sustainable support coordination business
- The complex needs and SDA pathways
- Trauma informed practice
- Person centred and culturally safe practice
- Sustainable funding for support coordination
- Working with nominees, guardians,administrators and advocates
Workshop participants will understand:
- Emerging opportunities under the NDIS
- How to support people with complex needs to live well in the community
- How specialisation can assist you to do meaningful work and build a sustainable business
This workshop will be facilitated by Penny Paul, the Summer Foundation’s Senior Policy and Research Officer, SDA eligibility expert and author of the organisation’s NDIS housing resources.
Date: Tuesday 24 March
Time: 1pm – 5pm
Address: Mildura Private Hospital, 220 – 228 Thirteenth, Mildura VIC 3500
Cost: Free ($50 refundable booking deposit to secure your place)
This workshop is part of a series being run by the above organisations in Mildura from 24 March – 27 March 2020.
The UpSkill: Regional Victoria project is supported by the Victorian Government.