Online Workshop – Zoom
DATE: Monday 5 December 2022
TIME: 1pm – 4.30pm AEDT
As the NDIA shifts its focus to living an ordinary life at home, there is much to learn about how to explore and design an ordinary life through individualised support.
Support coordinators and allied health professionals are uniquely placed to support the development of innovative and individualised support for people with complex support needs.
This workshop will:
- Take a dive into what person-centred practice looks like
- Unpack notions about 24/7 paid support
- Go through the person-centred process of exploring and designing individualised supports
- Provide examples of innovative solutions to meet support needs of individuals
This workshop via Zoom, is facilitated by UpSkill Lead Linda Hughes and Vivien Williams.
There will be practical exercises, opportunity for group discussion and questions and answers.
- Use a person-centred approach to the design and implementation of home and living supports
- Work with participants to identify their home and living preferences and support needs
- Identify risks and safeguarding strategies
- Understand the importance of circles of support and assist people to expand and strengthen informal, mainstream and community support
- Understand NDIS funding packages for home and living support
- Work with support providers to implement individualised living supports, including negotiations on cost of support, terms and conditions of service agreements
This workshop will not focus on the ‘bricks and mortar’ of housing. To find out more about housing support please see UpSkill training:
- NDIS and Mainstream housing
- Applying for SDA: eligibility and evidence for positive outcomes
Who is this for:
- Support coordinators
- NDIS allied health professionals
- Hospital clinicians
BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT